We have found that food can do more than just physically nourish. Food can start a conversation, calm a fear and foster a friendship.
VolunteerThe Acts of Kindness volunteer program requires no special skill or professional training. All you need is an open heart, a caring spirit and a willingness to listen. The purpose of our program is to provide emotional support to patients in treatment, and their caregivers, in order to create friendships, ease fears, reduce stress and instill hope.
So many ways to make a difference
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities, in addition to our Acts of Kindness program. Caring individuals can contribute their talent and skill through a variety of opportunities, including:
- Volunteer at one of our events.
- Coordinating fundraising events in the community
- Run/walk/exercise events
- Hobby club events or trade shows
- Church, book club or social club events
- Civic club events such as Rotary or Kiwanis
- Corporate dress down or theme days
- Lemonade stands, car washes and block-party yard sales
- Donation of hats, scarves, pillows and blankets for patients
- Donation of baked goods or crafts to our annual craft and bake sale (December)